Wednesday 9 November 2011

Day 09 - 30 Day Movie Music Challenge

Music from a film about music that isn't a musical 

Didn't take me long to decide it was going to be something from School Of Rock. The problem was what track to choose? Decided to choose one written for the movie that they use in the competition at the end:




Just excellent. Jack Black doing what he does best (i.e. not being Gulliver) and (I believe) the children in the movie were really playing the instruments. 


Other favourite sections from the movie include the children getting CDs to listen to for homework (the drummer, of course, gets Rush - 2112 to listen to) and the rock family tree on the blackboard with Jack's cool board pointer. I like the way there are various boxes with musical genres (Punk, Heavy Metal, etc.) on the board. Beside the boxes, bands' names are written. Down near the bottom, there's one branching out of Prog with a question mark in the box and beside it is written Zappa, Can and Captain Beefheart. :-)

3 comments:

Mosher said...

A superb film that got overlooked as it wasn't "DISNEY'S OVERMARKETED NEW TEEN SENSATION" was Bandslam.

Superb acting, great story and wonderful soundtrack including some great original material and covers. Imagine something along the lines of "10 Things I Hate About You" meets "School of Rock".

And one of the best surprise cameos ever right at the end.

Song choice? I'll go randomly for "Someone To Fall Back On", though the cover of "Everything I Own" is brilliant.

David said...

It has to be said that the trailer doesn't look too promising.

Mosher said...

I never saw the trailer. It was one of those "I have a cinema card, and the nearest place is Dundee which gets about 2 news films a week if that. What haven't I seen?" films.

Having said that I have watched it again since and I still enjoyed the second viewing.