Thursday 5 March 2009

Separated at birth?

I mentioned in a previous post that I'd picked up the Victor CD in a local charity shop.



(Victor was the side project of Rush guitarist, Alex Lifeson.) For some reason, I didn't get this CD when it came out but I heard someone else's copy and at the time I was very unimpressed. Odd! Listening to it now, I find I really like it. Some of the tracks are excellent - for example Start Again and Mr X are now both rated as five stars on my iPod. However, Start Again was driving me nutty. Not surprisingly, some of the riffs sound very Rush-like but I couldn't place the riff in Start Again. It took me ages to realise it wasn't a Rush song it reminded me of - it was Four Sticks from Led Zeppelin!

So what tracks remind you of others? I'm not just talking potential lawsuits (I think Joe's on a hiding to nothing here - at least that's my humble opinion) but it could be a deliberate reference like The Spirit Of Radio and Tom Sawyer in Grade 9. Any suggestions?

No comments: