Monday 25 April 2011

Day 25 – A song from a band/artist you’ve just ‘discovered’

30 Day Song Challenge
Day 25 – A song from a band/artist you’ve just ‘discovered’

This one is slightly bizarre since the artist I have just "discovered" is hardly a spring chicken: it's Peter Green. I knew Peter Green was in Fleetwood Mac before Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks. I also knew that in their early days, they were essentially a Blues band but I had no albums from that period. Other than Albatross, I was not consciously aware of anything he had played on.

Then, I saw a documentary about him on BBC Four and as a result went out and found two compilation albums with a selection of his material. The compilations I have contain latter day re-recordings of his early stuff, but here he is in his prime:


A recent discovery of a guitar legend. I want to hear more.

No comments: