Monday 11 April 2011

Day 11 – A song that reminds you of your best mate

30 Day Song Challenge
Day 11 - A song that reminds you of your best mate

Perhaps I should have kept yesterday's anecdote for today's post because, is it just me, or are the pals you had in your youth the best pals you ever have? No? Just lonely, boring old men like me that think that then?

So here is a song that reminds me of a recently retired colleague who goes to gigs with me. He is a huge Blues fan, and when he was given a boxed set of the Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues: A Musical Journey DVDs, he gave me the complete set of individual DVDs he'd bought himself. Now that's the action of a good mate.

More significantly, when I was looking for somebody to go to see Airbourne with, he agreed to come with me - even though it's not really his thing. So, because it reminds me of Tom, here is Running Wild:


Both of us suffered hearing problems for about a week afterwards but at least I was a fan and knew most of the tracks that had deafened us!

No comments: