Wednesday 27 May 2009

A friend's bands

My wife's friend is in a band... well two bands. Almost by accident, I came across her videos on YouTube. First up is Miss The Occupier.

I saw this band live in April last year and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Somehow, we've never been able to get back to see them again... maybe soon. She has a distinctive vocal style, the lyrics of the songs are often impressive and she's a great bass player to boot.

The second band she is in is called Peter Parker:



I've not see this band live yet but I hope to put that right soon. Certainly I like the sound of this track.

If you like what you hear, head over to iTunes where you can currently buy some Miss The Occupier tracks. And if you like Peter Parker, wait until the 6th of July when they will be releasing Swallow The Rockets.

P.S. I don't get why is MySpace so popular with bands. I don't think I've seen a site yet that isn't pig ugly! How much effort would it take to set up a group blog or a Ning? Not a lot and the results would be so much better. {Rant mode off!} :-)

P.P.S. I should have made the link to the 17 Seconds blog clearer since it was that blog that led me to the Peter Parker video.

2 comments:

JT said...

THANK YOU for pointing out the ugliness of MySpace pages. I generally avoid them because they pretty much all make my eyes bleed.

That is all. :)

David said...

It seems that because one artist found success through MySpace, everybody has to do it... but can they not do it more tastefully?